The Sun is reporting the BBC is to continue showing The Sarah Jane Adventures, and complete the series, despite Elisabeth Sladen’s death.
BBC Bosses had been unsure about the shows future without Elisaberth Sladen – and how to explain Sarah Janes absence without upsetting young fans. But sources say they want it to continue as a tribute to Elisabeth.
Once the scripts have been rewritten, it is hoped the show will air this year. A source said “Writers will find a way to complete the series without Sarah.
Can anyone say the return of Liz Shaw?
The BBC has announced that no more episodes of The Sarah Jane Adventures will be filmed following the death of Elisabeth Sladen last month.
It was previously alleged that the series would continue despite the passing of the much-loved Doctor Who star, with scripts being re-written to explain Sladen’s absence.
However, in a statement issued on Wednesday, the BBC said: “Contrary to press reports today we can confirm that no new episodes of The Sarah Jane Adventures will be filmed following the tragic death of actress Elisabeth Sladen in April, 2011.